Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to file new DS-160 if any information status changes before visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to file new DS-160 if any information status changes before visa stamping

Hi,
    For my drop-box visa stamping category, I filled my DS-160 showing my brother status as non immigrant on 9/1(for family information) but his green card got approved on 9/2, I still have to schedule appointment for drop box category(which Would be around 10/15), now do I need to re-submit my DS-160 since that information status is changed from non-immigrant to immigrant, please advise.

Again as of now(9/7) his green card is approved but still not printed.

hi all, please see if you can help and advise on this

hi all, please see if you can help and advise on this

Comment

The DS-160 should not be used to change information already submitted. Just be prepared to report the change in your eventual interview.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Anjalip View Post
      Hi,
      For my drop-box visa stamping category, I filled my DS-160 showing my brother status as non immigrant on 9/1(for family information) but his green card got approved on 9/2, I still have to schedule appointment for drop box category(which Would be around 10/15), now do I need to re-submit my DS-160 since that information status is changed from non-immigrant to immigrant, please advise.

Again as of now(9/7) his green card is approved but still not printed.

Comment

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply, as i said this is for drop box visa category and I wanted to make sure that because of this issue i am not called for personal interview, so please advise of i need to change this information. just to mention that my brother status should not be considered as immigrant as of now as he did not get the printed green card yet. but he will get his green card by the time i go for visa stamping.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X