LF: Help for Canadian looking to apply for H1B to work in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF: Help for Canadian looking to apply for H1B to work in US

I am a Canadian citizen looking to move to the US... I do not have the ability to transfer with my current employer and would like to apply for an H1B visa on my own so that I can apply for US-based opportunities...

I would like some help in understanding what is involved in applying on my own... I have an MBA and am a Director-VP level Marketing exec with 10yrs of experience. I am led to believe that unless you come from a specific profession, it is difficult to successfully obtain this visa.

Any help is appreciated..
    Thanks

First Of All, You cannot apply for h1B on your own, You need an employer
    to sponsor you for h1b. With your skills, I would go for a functional consultant type job in a software field(Oracle Apps,SAP etc) or which you have been exposed to and which has shortage of professionals in US(most of software fields have shortage of labour). To find an employer you can check out www.naukri.com , www.dice.com and other employment related websites.
    Once you have been selected by an employer, employer will file your application for h1b and hence...

Comment

follow-up

My experience is within the foodservice and entertainment marketing fields, primarily in consumer marketing capacities...I am looking for a position in a similar field so the option of looking for an IT related job is not something I am interested in.

Is there a work visa that I as an individual can apply for to enable me to approach US employers as a valid candidate?
      Thanks

Comment

independant work visa doesnt exist as far as i know...system in usa is slightly different than that of canada,england and Aussieland where you dont need an employer to get work visa..
        you can get adopted by american or marry one...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X