Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H 1 B Visa port of entry & change of client Issues

Hi ,

I got my H 1 B Visa on Jan 2012 . It is Valid till Sep 2015 .

My H 1 B was filled by " X "company stating " Y " company as Client in the initial visa filling documentation. I wasted 2 years of H 1 B Visa Validity time and i am still in India due to some personal reasons . Now the " Y " company (client Company )was sold to some other company "z" . Now if i want to travel to US , Company X & Y should issue a fresh invitation letters stating there is requirement for my position . But as i said Company Y ( Client Company ) is sold to other company " Z" , they are not ready to issue client invitation letter to me or says they have no requirement for my position anymore.

As per my investigation , The question of "client letter / Place of stay / Reporting Person's contact" may / may not be asked in the port of entry.But if asked , we should be able show client invitation letter or the Reporting person should be able to answer the phone call from US Visa Department and confirm the valid requirement of the resource at their office .

Please Suggest me with below questions

In this above scenario can i still use my H 1 B Visa to travel to US ? If used what are the risks involved ?

Can my Initial H1B petitioner company Update USCIS with change of client and issue a fresh copy of requirement from New clients end ?

I am still left with still one year visa validity .Please suggest me best way to use my H1B visa .

Originally posted by Phani123 View Post
    Hi ,

I got my H 1 B Visa on Jan 2012 . It is Valid till Sep 2015 .

My H 1 B was filled by " X "company stating " Y " company as Client in the initial visa filling documentation. I wasted 2 years of H 1 B Visa Validity time and i am still in India due to some personal reasons . Now the " Y " company (client Company )was sold to some other company "z" . Now if i want to travel to US , Company X & Y should issue a fresh invitation letters stating there is requirement for my position . But as i said Company Y ( Client Company ) is sold to other company " Z" , they are not ready to issue client invitation letter to me or says they have no requirement for my position anymore.

As per my investigation , The question of "client letter / Place of stay / Reporting Person's contact" may / may not be asked in the port of entry.But if asked , we should be able show client invitation letter or the Reporting person should be able to answer the phone call from US Visa Department and confirm the valid requirement of the resource at their office .

Please Suggest me with below questions

In this above scenario can i still use my H 1 B Visa to travel to US ? If used what are the risks involved ?

Can my Initial H1B petitioner company Update USCIS with change of client and issue a fresh copy of requirement from New clients end ?

I am still left with still one year visa validity .Please suggest me best way to use my H1B visa .
    Remember, you have to work and get paid from first work day after landing in US. Basic question, for which employer are you planning to work immediately after landing in US?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Raghvi

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Remember, you have to work and get paid from first work day after landing in US. Basic question, for which employer are you planning to work immediately after landing in US?

Hi Raghvi ,

Thank You for your response...

My H 1 B Petitioner company is a Consulting company . As he lost the client for which he filled in my H 1 B , can he still go and update USCIS with change of client information.( If he got any other client )?

Or can he market for me while i am in India ?

Can i still apply for jobs in US from India as I am having Valid H1B Visa ?

Do i need SSN to Apply for Jobs ?

Comment

response

Originally posted by Phani123 View Post
        Hi Raghvi ,

Thank You for your response...

My H 1 B Petitioner company is a Consulting company . As he lost the client for which he filled in my H 1 B , can he still go and update USCIS with change of client information.( If he got any other client )?

Or can he market for me while i am in India ?

Can i still apply for jobs in US from India as I am having Valid H1B Visa ?

Do i need SSN to Apply for Jobs ?

Hi People ... please suggest me ..

Comment

Have they got the LCA for the new client and location? Have the amended the petition to reflect the same?

Yes they can certainly "market" you, once they get a new client they have to file the LCA and amendment accordingly.

There is no requirement to have an SSN to apply for jobs in US, yes you can apply for jobs from India. In fact if you have the copy of the approval notice, I would suggest you find another employer yourself.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X