H1B visa stamping - shoplifting case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamping - shoplifting case

My wife was arrested for shoplifting in Jan 2013 - she later pleaded guilty - did community service. The crime is considered as 'petty offense exception' under immigration rules - but still there is scope for refusal and delay in the visa.

We later moved back to India in October 2013 and we are planning to travel again to the US - what is the best approach for stamping ?
    * Should I go alone get my stamping this October and later she goes for stamping in November/December : that way I am not risking my stamping because of hers ?
    * Should we go together for stamping, because focus will be entirely on my case and she will have very little focus and it will get approved easily.

What would be a better approach for stamping so that there are better chances of getting a visa ?

So did you guys move back to US ?

Comment

Hello, I am in same situation can you please let me know did you guys got the visa?

Hello, I am in same situation can you please let me know did you guys got the visa. Any problem occured during stamping. If possible can we talk?

Comment

can anyone suggest after getting into shoplifting case will you able to get stamping? or there will be aproblem in stamping. Please help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X