Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa expiring..

Hi
    I am on H4 visa that is going to expire on October 31 2014.I came from India on L2.My husband's H1 visa is till 2016.My questions are:

1. I am planning to go to India before October 31st.Do I need to go for H4 stamping before October 31 in India or I can go even after that as I have L2 visa on my passport.

2.Should I get h4 visa extension first here in USA and then plan for India. Is it risky to go to Inida as my visa will expire on October 31st.

Please help as I have short time to plan everything.
    Thank you so much.

Do you have both H4 and L2 stamped in your passport? If yes when are they expiring ? When is planned travel out of US and planned return? If you don't have a H4 stamped you would need to go for stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Do you have both H4 and L2 stamped in your passport? If yes when are they expiring ? When is planned travel out of US and planned return? If you don't have a H4 stamped you would need to go for stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      I have L2 stamped not H4.I am planning to go before I-94 expiration which is October 31st. And will be coming back after jan 2015.
      So Can I book my appointment in India even after I -94 expiration for H4 stamping.
      Are there any chances of rejection?

Comment

Originally posted by aditi12342 View Post
        I have L2 stamped not H4.I am planning to go before I-94 expiration which is October 31st. And will be coming back after jan 2015.
        So Can I book my appointment in India even after I -94 expiration for H4 stamping.
        Are there any chances of rejection?
        I still cant understand why your got an I-94 only till Oct 2014 when your spouse got an H1 and associated I-94 till 2016.

Can you explain how and when you moved to H4? Was a L2 to H4 Change of Status applied for you when your spouse applied a L1 to H1 Change of Status? Did your L2 to H4 COS approval come with a new I-94?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X