H1B extension and transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension and transfer

I am currently working with company A and have my H1B visa till March 2015. Now my company is asking me to file for an extension . If I do file an extension , will I not be able to switch jobs within US with another company B , i.e is visa transfer not possible in this case?. Please advise, as I have to decide accordingly whether or not to apply for the extension with company A now

Originally posted by surajkumar24s View Post
    I am currently working with company A and have my H1B visa till March 2015. Now my company is asking me to file for an extension . If I do file an extension , will I not be able to switch jobs within US with another company B , i.e is visa transfer not possible in this case?. Please advise, as I have to decide accordingly whether or not to apply for the extension with company A now
    Shouldn't the company be filing for extension ? Or is the arrangement such that you do it independently using an attorney at your cost, the company merely provides the documentation?

Nonetheless, even if you do file an extension transfer is possible at a later date. Things get complicated only when folks try to apply extension and transfer together or before one is approved, or travel during the time application is pending etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X