Planning to leave USA while H1b and H4 extn are in process, Need advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to leave USA while H1b and H4 extn are in process, Need advise

I came to USA on H4. After coming here i applied for H1B and it got picked up in lottery and its under process now. My spouse H1b is expiring this month end Sep 30th. So her company has applied for an extension along with myself and kids H4 extension. Her company is planning to withdraw my H4 extension as soon as i get my H1B approved.

But now me and my kid would like to go India for some emergency and it may take some months to return back. Would like to know which one of the below will be the best option to follow. Will be great if anyone can advise on this.

1. Leaving to India while H1b and H4 extn are under Process, and not withdrawing H4 so that H4 will be active. So to come back in H4 to USA and converting H4 to H1b
    2. Leaving to India after H1b gets approved but H4 extn is still under Process, and not withdrawing H4 so that H4 will be active. So to come back in H4 to USA and converting H4 to H1b
    3. Leaving to India while H1b and H4 extn gets approved, so that H4 will be active. So to come back in H4 to USA and converting H4 to H1b
    4. Leaving to India while H1b gets approved, and withdraw H4 so that Hib will be active. So to come back in H1b to USA after getting it stamped

Thanks,
    Renjith Menon.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X