Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get H1B approval copy even after moved out of the current employer

Hi,

My H1B is filed for this year for which I got an RFE and is responded from my employer, I dont have the petition/receipt number to track the progress as my employer is not giving the details. My passport # K2648411. I am not sure when I will get the response from USCIS on the approval. Meanwhile I have put down my papers and I will be relieved at the mid of october. Now tell me if I havent got the response before my reliving date, is there any possibility I can track & get the approved copy later on ? I know that approved copy will go to the current employer but still is there any way I can get the copy after I relived from the current company using my passport # ? Please clarify.

Thanks & Regards,
    Anantha

Originally posted by H1BMonty View Post
    Hi,

My H1B is filed for this year for which I got an RFE and is responded from my employer, I dont have the petition/receipt number to track the progress as my employer is not giving the details. My passport # K2648411. I am not sure when I will get the response from USCIS on the approval. Meanwhile I have put down my papers and I will be relieved at the mid of october. Now tell me if I havent got the response before my reliving date, is there any possibility I can track & get the approved copy later on ? I know that approved copy will go to the current employer but still is there any way I can get the copy after I relived from the current company using my passport # ? Please clarify.

Thanks & Regards,
    Anantha
    You should have consulted the forum before resigning.

There is no shortcut way to get it. There is something called FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act), it may help you get the redacted copy of the approval notice, but its going to be very difficult and costly to try to get that while being outside US. I personally haven't heard of some one having success getting the copy of I797 this way. Would certainly love to hear from any forum members if they have had success.

You would have better chance trying to negotiate with current employer.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi.

Guys,

Is there any alternative to get the H1B approved copy after I got relived from the current employer? Please clarify.

Thanks,
      H1BMonty

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X