Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Multiple Job Changes

Hi,

I am currently working at company A which I am sure will lay off me in 2-3 weeks,I have an offer from company B and an approved H1B transfer petition with them.Now I have also got an offer from company C but Company C will start my H1B transfer process after a month as they don't need me right now but would need me after few weeks.My issue here is if I join company B lets say next week and then Company C applies for my H1B transfer after another 2 weeks then which company's approved petition should I provide to company C ? Also is it okay if I leave company B in 2-3 weeks will this hamper my approval for Company C.
    I am totally confused,any inputs will be really appreciated,my preference is to join company C and don't want any issues in H1B transfer for Company C.

Thanks

Originally posted by hello View Post
    Hi,

I am currently working at company A which I am sure will lay off me in 2-3 weeks,I have an offer from company B and an approved H1B transfer petition with them.Now I have also got an offer from company C but Company C will start my H1B transfer process after a month as they don't need me right now but would need me after few weeks.My issue here is if I join company B lets say next week and then Company C applies for my H1B transfer after another 2 weeks then which company's approved petition should I provide to company C ? Also is it okay if I leave company B in 2-3 weeks will this hamper my approval for Company C.
    I am totally confused,any inputs will be really appreciated,my preference is to join company C and don't want any issues in H1B transfer for Company C.

Thanks
    You would have to provide both A and B's petition as generally they want to see all previous approved petitions. Within 2-3 weeks quitting B depends upon the contractual agreement you have signed with them. You may have to serve some notice period too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You would have to provide both A and B's petition as generally they want to see all previous approved petitions. Within 2-3 weeks quitting B depends upon the contractual agreement you have signed with them. You may have to serve some notice period too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks that helps,does this means if I leave B in few weeks that wont affect my H1B transfer from B to C,I don't have any contract with B.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X