Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Procedure + DS-160

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions for H1B - DS 160 + Visa procedure.

My Background
    ------------------

Did masters in US in 2013. Since then working on OPT (now OPT CAP-GAP Extn.). My H1b Visa got approved from my company in May 2014. I have to go to India to get it Stamped.
    I was wondering what is the set of steps for the same.

Visa Procedure
    ------------------

I have started filing up DS-160 and i believe it is:

1. DS-160 Submit
    2. Appointment for H1b at consulate in India
    3. Appointment for Photo for Visa
    4. Visa Photo Appointment
    5. Visa Appointment at consulate in India

Please let me know if any thing is missing and if you can share any steps where everything is described in details.

Questions for DS-160
    ------------------------

1. I am living in US at present. My address in form shall be Current US Address or permanent India Address?
    2. Travel Info section asks for "The List of Purposes of Trip to the U.S.". However i am already in US. At present i have written it as
    Purpose of Trip to the U.S. (1): TEMPORARY WORKER (H)
    Specify: SPECIALTY OCCUPATION (H1B)
    Is this okay ?
    3. It also has a question :
    Date of Departure from U.S.: Some DATE of DECEMBER 2015
    Departure City: Some City in California
    Not sure if this could have been ignored but i dont have any specific plans. Atleast till end of 2015. Is it okay ?
    4. Address where you will stay in the U.S. I am using my current address in US but would be moving to a different address within a week of my arrival to US. Not sure if this is correct ?
    5. Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?
    6. Have you been ten-printed? Don't remember but added yes . Is it okay ?
    7. For question: "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?" I have a response "Yes" with explaination "MY CURRENT COMPANY FILED AN IMMIGRATION PETITION ON MY BEHALF." Is that okay ?

DS-160 H4 Related questions
    ----------------------------------

1. My fiance works in India and would be applying for the visa along with me. for her H4, we are using Current address as her home address and mailing address as my address in India. Do we need to make any changes for that ?
    2. System is not accepting Date of Marriage, so we had to use a date in past. Any workarounds or solution for same ?
    3. The question part where we have to pretty much select everything as NO has a question "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?" Does selecting it as Yes/No makes any difference ?

H4 Related questions
    ------------------------

Is it advisable for both of us to apply for the visa together ? And shall we take dates after marriage or before marriage ? What is advisable ?

I know these are very simple questions but i dont want to make any mistakes.

Any inputs from you all will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-24-2014, 03:30 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X