Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to disclose to potential employer that I have H1B that needs to be transferred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to disclose to potential employer that I have H1B that needs to be transferred?

Hi guys!

new member here, from Indonesia, living in NY.

I am working on H1B, and on Friday I received an offer from another company.

The paperwork and offer isn't finalized yet, but they said they will have it finished/ready by end of Monday (tomorrow).

now when I applied for the job, they gave me an application, which only asks for if whether im authorized to work in the US. it did not ask for a Visa.

It's an international company as well with offices around the world.

Anyway, should I disclose that I need my h1b transferred before the letter is finished? I am just uncertain when to disclose, after or before I sign the letter. Im being advised to disclose after I sign the offer letter, but that just feels... wrong.

please advise.

Thanks so much everyone

Hello also how difficult is it to get h1b transferred. Im just afraid the new company will tale back the offer if they know im on h1b

Comment

When the employer asks "authorized to work" I believe they should have enough competence to understand that an approved H1 petition is evidence of authorization to work and that it would need to be transferred before you can begin work for them Nonetheless, it doesnt do any harm in telling them up front rather than waiting for them to find out later on. If its a genuine employer it is pretty smooth, as for time it can take 2-4 Months in normal processing and 2-4 weeks in premium processing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

So i got the offer and them they took it back. This was for the job i applied for in september, when i made this thread.

I applied for another job recently and told them upfront, atthe end of the interview. The interviewer (while not human resources) seemed surprised. As in "you tricked us" surprised...

I wanted to show them ny worth before telling them about my h1b... I went through an exam, 2 calls and a meeting heh...

Really cant stand my current job... I keep telling myself to be happy i have a job but this one is a nightmare. Im like a frickin servant sigh...

Comment

We all are servant of some "one" or some "thing". :-)

But I do understand why an HR would not want to take the immigration hassle of doing a H1 transfer, generally they would not do so for non permanent roles. So indirectly they encourage you to come through "middlemen" what many call as "consultancies". These consultancies will take you on their payroll and "sub contract" you to the actual employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X