H-1B Visa Transfer question:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Visa Transfer question:

I am in a strange situation, please help me, if anyone knows the answer to the question mentioned below.

I am working for company A, and my H-1B expiry is Sept 30, 2014, company A has already filed my extension, I have the EAC number and it is currently in "Initial Review" status. Now company B has filed my petition and they too have provided an EAC number, that is currently in "Acceptance" status. I have three week notice period to serve in company A and will be able to join company B in last week of October.

Now my worry is that company A will withdraw my petition (on October 25th), once I leave and that will mean I will not have a legal status to work for company A Sept 30 onwards, but I will have to keep working for them till October 24, to serve the notice period. Though I will have a legal status from October 1 onwards (based on H1 b transfer visa) , but that will be for company B. Immigration team from company B is stating that I should have no problem in this case, but I want to understand if this will impact my labor condition petition in future for Green Card processing?

Re:

I think you should let them know that you are on H1B. If a company does not sponsor H1B candidates, they will not transfer as well, as the amount of expenditure and paperwork are same for both cases. However it is immaterial, when you do this. You can tell them after signing the offer letter as well. That will not change anything. If they don't sponsor, they will let you know, even after paperwork. Hope this answers you question. BTW you did hijack my post :-).

Thanks and Regards
    Chetan Kumar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X