Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence of previous work experience in the petitioned field - 221G

Hello Everyone,

I attended visa interview at the Mumbai consulate on 26th Oct 2014 for my H1B stamping and was given a 221g white slip for administrative processing. I was asked to submit the pdf document for the evidence of previous work experience in the petitioned filed.

Evidence of previous experience means are they referring to previous or current company's reference letter stating my roles and responsibilities? If so, as per my current company's policies, they are not willing to give any kind of reference letters. Is there any alternative way to submit the required document.

Please give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,
    Kumar GP

Originally posted by gpkumar1204 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I attended visa interview at the Mumbai consulate on 26th Oct 2014 for my H1B stamping and was given a 221g white slip for administrative processing. I was asked to submit the pdf document for the evidence of previous work experience in the petitioned filed.

Evidence of previous experience means are they referring to previous or current company's reference letter stating my roles and responsibilities? If so, as per my current company's policies, they are not willing to give any kind of reference letters. Is there any alternative way to submit the required document.

Please give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,
    Kumar GP
    Is your current company processing the H1 for you or some third party consultant? I would be surprised if current company is the one sponsoring your H1 but not willing to provide such a letter.

You can try submitting your offer letter, pay slips, as well as an affidavit detailing your field of work, from a colleague, preferably your reporting manager/lead for the same. This applies for all previous employers too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Is your current company processing the H1 for you or some third party consultant? I would be surprised if current company is the one sponsoring your H1 but not willing to provide such a letter.

You can try submitting your offer letter, pay slips, as well as an affidavit detailing your field of work, from a colleague, preferably your reporting manager/lead for the same. This applies for all previous employers too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for your quick response raghvi. Its the third party company that has processed my h1b. My current company is not aware of my h1b processing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X