Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on H4 Visa surname(Last name) for after marrige, is it Mandatory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on H4 Visa surname(Last name) for after marrige, is it Mandatory.

Hello All/ Please help me,

i am planning to apply H4(US) visa for my wife .

1. i am asking her to add only husband name in her passport, But NOT the surname(Last name) change in her passport... only addition of my name as husband.

So my question is : Is it mandatory to change the surname(Last name) in passport for H4 visa, is this last name thing will create any issue in her H4 application or interview.

Thank in-advance ... Please Please

Originally posted by rahm123 View Post
    Hello All/ Please help me,

i am planning to apply H4(US) visa for my wife .

1. i am asking her to add only husband name in her passport, But NOT the surname(Last name) change in her passport... only addition of my name as husband.

So my question is : Is it mandatory to change the surname(Last name) in passport for H4 visa, is this last name thing will create any issue in her H4 application or interview.

Thank in-advance ... Please Please
    Whatever name your spouse keeps, do ensure it is consistent in all the post marriage docs, such as marriage certificate, any lease/bank account post marriage etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

It's a personal choice and I highly encourage not to change the surname to avoid complications in the future. You might have to submit a lot of documentation to prove that the maiden name and post marriage name are the same person in every step.

So, your idea is good that she only gets your name endorsed in her passport rather than changing her surname.

Comment

Originally posted by torrentkid View Post
        It's a personal choice and I highly encourage not to change the surname to avoid complications in the future. You might have to submit a lot of documentation to prove that the maiden name and post marriage name are the same person in every step.

So, your idea is good that she only gets your name endorsed in her passport rather than changing her surname.
        Thank You all for replying on this.

So its a personal choice .. Its not Mandatory in Visa interview and other Us formalities . If she has my name in her Passport.

Thank you Again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X