Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of H1B Visa

Hi,

I have a Stamped H1B which is valid from October 2014. I wanted to know if I can transfer my VISA to another company without even travelling even once to US with my current employer.

Thanks

Hello, Toosmart.

The way your current employer filed your I-797, the same way a new employer can file a fresh I-797 petition for you and you will have a new sponsor/employer.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by toosmart View Post
    Hi,

I have a Stamped H1B which is valid from October 2014. I wanted to know if I can transfer my VISA to another company without even travelling even once to US with my current employer.

Thanks
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

check

Hey Nattybone,

SO you are saying one can travel on visa stamp from employer A( old ) and new approved petition from employer B( new/curent . Will there be any issues during POE in this situation ?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Also does it require restamping again as visa stamp is from different employer and approved petition will be from different employer.

Comment

Hello, Ankie.

Yes. My understanding is, you can travel on Employer A's stamp on the passport and Employer B's I-797 (as long as both of them have are valid). At the POE, you will have to furnish your I-797 and it should work.

Personal opinion. Please do take some more inputs. I am not a professional.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by ankie View Post
        Hey Nattybone,

SO you are saying one can travel on visa stamp from employer A( old ) and new approved petition from employer B( new/curent . Will there be any issues during POE in this situation ?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Also does it require restamping again as visa stamp is from different employer and approved petition will be from different employer.
        These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X