Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last 5 US entries in DS-160

Hi experts,

My previous H1 completed 6 yrs while I was waiting for my I-140. So I had to leave US. Now I've a new H1 petition approved on the basis of I-140. I'm filling out forms for visa stamping. The ds-160 wants to know my last 5 US entries.
    I've been with the same employer throughout. To maintain business continuity, I have travelled to US 6-7 times on my B visa. I've had a B visa long before I joined this employer.
    Now I'm worried that if I mention all these B trips, will it be considered misuse of B visa? Will it affect my H1 stamping negatively? Should I provide only entries on H1 visa in that case?
    Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by swati mp View Post
    Hi experts,

My previous H1 completed 6 yrs while I was waiting for my I-140. So I had to leave US. Now I've a new H1 petition approved on the basis of I-140. I'm filling out forms for visa stamping. The ds-160 wants to know my last 5 US entries.
    I've been with the same employer throughout. To maintain business continuity, I have travelled to US 6-7 times on my B visa. I've had a B visa long before I joined this employer.
    Now I'm worried that if I mention all these B trips, will it be considered misuse of B visa? Will it affect my H1 stamping negatively? Should I provide only entries on H1 visa in that case?
    Please advise. Thanks in advance!
    Don't worry..normally B visas are provided for multiple travels..so do not hesitate to add dates for last 5 entries on B visa..it wouldn't affect stamping negatively, rather will add up to your profile which gives the VO a positive sign that you will not misuse it..

Comment

Originally posted by hardrock View Post
      Don't worry..normally B visas are provided for multiple travels..so do not hesitate to add dates for last 5 entries on B visa..it wouldn't affect stamping negatively, rather will add up to your profile which gives the VO a positive sign that you will not misuse it..
      How long did you stay in B1 in each visit if it is maximum then it will catch the attention of VO but still you have to declare all your visits to US. Dont hide facts in DS 160

Comment

Thank you experts. I did fill in all B1 entry details, and the VO didn't ask any questions about that during interview. H1B is approved and am back in US. Sorry for late reply but I'd misplaced my password and was in middle of inter-country move. Thanks again!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X