• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of Entering USA

Hi Friends,

Need help Please.

My Case ::
    -----------
    I got my h1b stamped on passport in DEC-2008.

Date shown on Visa Stamped in Passport as::: Issue Date = 04-DEC-2008 and Expiry Date = 31-AUG-2011.

The USCIS website shows status of my Petition / Application Number as "Post Decision Activity".
    Have never entered US till date.

My Question::
    --------------
    1. Am interested to enter US, What are the chances of Revival/Renewing this visa.
    2. Suppose if any sponsor(Other than the one who sponsored Initially) is interested can he use the Petition/Application Number(13 Char, Alpha-Numeric Number).

A Ton of Thanks to all in advance for taking some time and helping me out.

Please let me know in case my questions are confusing or require more information from my side.

Thanks & Regards,
    rk

Newly added another question. ----> 10-OCT-2014
    ------------------------------
    3. I do have a B1/B2 (till 2016)any scope of landing and applying for H1b.
    4. Can any employer/Sponsor directly file for Green Card (Even if i have never entered US) after NOV-2014.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Ravikh1b
    Last edited by ravikh1b; 10-10-2014, 02:27 PM.

Hello, Ravikh.

What i heard was that a visa could be revived upto 6 years from the time it was used. As you have never used it, the date of issue could be considered. But, 6 years are getting over soon in your case. From what i understand, you might have to get a fresh H1B filed which will NOT be cap-exempt. I might not be fully accurate here, so please do some more research on the matter.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by ravikh1b View Post
    Hi Friends,

Need help Please.

My Case ::
    -----------
    I got my h1b stamped on passport in DEC-2008.

Date shown on Visa Stamped in Passport as::: Issue Date = 04-DEC-2008 and Expiry Date = 31-AUG-2011.

The USCIS website shows status of my Petition / Application Number as "Post Decision Activity".
    Have never entered US till date.

My Question::
    --------------
    1. Am interested to enter US, What are the chances of Revival/Renewing this visa.
    2. Suppose if any sponsor(Other than the one who sponsored Initially) is interested can he use the Petition/Application Number(13 Char, Alpha-Numeric Number).

A Ton of Thanks to all in advance for taking some time and helping me out.

Please let me know in case my questions are confusing or require more information from my side.

Thanks & Regards,
    rk
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Ravikh.

What i heard was that a visa could be revived upto 6 years from the time it was used. As you have never used it, the date of issue could be considered. But, 6 years are getting over soon in your case. From what i understand, you might have to get a fresh H1B filed which will NOT be cap-exempt. I might not be fully accurate here, so please do some more research on the matter.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
      "Thank You very much for the quick response.
      Regards
      RK"

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
        Hello, Ravikh.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
        when was your petition filed?6 yrs from that it can be used if you had not entered US

Comment

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
          when was your petition filed?6 yrs from that it can be used if you had not entered US
          Thank You very much Snehanew.

Regards,
          rk

Comment

Same issue

Hi,

I am also in the same boat, but I have my masters and got H1b in 2008. I worked in USA for only 6 months and went to India after that. If I want to come in 2015, do I come under CAP/ CAP-Exempt?

Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X