Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid H1B BUT Passport expiring before H1b period

Dear All,

I have H1B stamped for year 2014 on my passport. Which is valid till Aug 2017. BUT my passport is expiring in May 2016. I will be flying to USA in next couple of months. I know that I can not apply for new passport before 12 months of passport expiry date.

Now my question is do I have to come back to India from USA, apply for new passport, wait for 1 or 2 months in India to get new passport and then fly back to USA to continue with my job. Reason I am saying 1 or 2 months is looking at the passport renewal process in India which usually takes time. Could you help or guide me on this situation.

Best Regards,
    Vijay

Originally posted by vijay.kulavade View Post
    Dear All,

I have H1B stamped for year 2014 on my passport. Which is valid till Aug 2017. BUT my passport is expiring in May 2016. I will be flying to USA in next couple of months. I know that I can not apply for new passport before 12 months of passport expiry date.

Now my question is do I have to come back to India from USA, apply for new passport, wait for 1 or 2 months in India to get new passport and then fly back to USA to continue with my job. Reason I am saying 1 or 2 months is looking at the passport renewal process in India which usually takes time. Could you help or guide me on this situation.

Best Regards,
    Vijay
    You can get your new PP by contacting indian embassy in US itself no need to come to india.
    Even if PP expires it does not matter you should always carry the old PP with your new PP
    You can apply for new PP even now in india even when you have 1 more year to go,it takes max 15 days to get a new PP in as it has been outsourced by GOI provided your address has not changed as there is no police verification for PP renewal..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X