Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B extension stamping, do I have to go for fingerprint

Hi All,

I got my H1-B extension , and I am going to India for marriage and h1-b stamping ,my question is do i need to go for fingerprints again on a separate day.

I went for F1 visa in 2007 and H1-B in 2011, but I assume the rules are changed now and we have to go for fingerprints on a separate day . I am wondering if I have go for those again? I also have to apply for H4 visa for my wife , can she go with me for the interview?
    does any one know about that .
    Please let me know

thanks

Originally posted by question_about_h1 View Post
    Hi All,

I got my H1-B extension , and I am going to India for marriage and h1-b stamping ,my question is do i need to go for fingerprints again on a separate day.

I went for F1 visa in 2007 and H1-B in 2011, but I assume the rules are changed now and we have to go for fingerprints on a separate day . I am wondering if I have go for those again? I also have to apply for H4 visa for my wife , can she go with me for the interview?
    does any one know about that .
    Please let me know

thanks
    Have you ever had H1 stamping done in your passport? If yes, have you changed your employer since the original petition?

Also, you can schedule yours and your spouse's finger print/visa appointment together. You have to fill two DS-160 forms, one for yourself and one for your spouse.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Have you ever had H1 stamping done in your passport? If yes, have you changed your employer since the original petition?

Also, you can schedule yours and your spouse's finger print/visa appointment together. You have to fill two DS-160 forms, one for yourself and one for your spouse.

Hi thanks,

Yes I had stamping before first for F1 in 2007 and 2nd for H1-B in 2011, I haven't changed my employer but i did have different position in the same organization now for my h1b extension.
      So again back to original query, do i have to go for fingerprinting or should my spouse should only go for the fingerprinting.

thanks

Comment

As your H1 visa expired over 12 Months back , yes you would have to go for finger print and visa interview. So would your spouse too.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          As your H1 visa expired over 12 Months back , yes you would have to go for finger print and visa interview. So would your spouse too.

Hi ,

thanks for the reply,

I know I have to go for the interview as my H1-b expired this January-2014 (my stamping was for 2 years, even though my 797 was valid till November 2014) but what my query was since they already have my fingerprints( I suppose) do i have to go again ?

thanks

Comment

Yes that is the new process. Its not only Finger prints, they take photographs too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X