Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B - Stamping with or without dependent ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Stamping with or without dependent ?

Hi All,

I am based in Mumbai and due for H1B Visa stamping soon. My employer wants me to get the H1 stamping done first and then probably 2-3 months later H4 for my wife. I wanted to know what are the risks and implications if we go for stamping together in Mumbai. Both of us have a B1/B2 visa but have never traveled to the US before.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    arghagare

Originally posted by arghagare View Post
    Hi All,

I am based in Mumbai and due for H1B Visa stamping soon. My employer wants me to get the H1 stamping done first and then probably 2-3 months later H4 for my wife. I wanted to know what are the risks and implications if we go for stamping together in Mumbai. Both of us have a B1/B2 visa but have never traveled to the US before.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    arghagare
    No risk you can both go together only thing is if you go under 221g scanner then your wife will have to also wait till yours is cleared...

Comment

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
      No risk you can both go together only thing is if you go under 221g scanner then your wife will have to also wait till yours is cleared...
      Hi Sneha,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. Can you please elaborate on the 221g ? What should i do to avoid 221g?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by arghagare View Post
        Hi Sneha,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. Can you please elaborate on the 221g ? What should i do to avoid 221g?

Cheers
        Only PRAY,You cannot do anything,it depends upon consular.There are persons who have worked in US for 10 yrs who have got 221 g when going for renewal of visa..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X