Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa approved in 2013 but not stamped yet, can I get it stamped now

Hi,

My H1B visa was approved in August 2013 but it was not stamped at that time. Can I get it stamped now if my employer who got my H1B approved ask for the stamping?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Originally posted by akum33 View Post
    Hi,

My H1B visa was approved in August 2013 but it was not stamped at that time. Can I get it stamped now if my employer who got my H1B approved ask for the stamping?

Thanks,
    Ajay
    I think only your petition has been approved ,you need to attend interview in consulate to get visa stamped

Comment

Hi,

Thanks,
      Ajay
      Hi Snehanew, thanks for your reply.

But my question is am I still eligible to appear for the interview. Does it make it hard for me to get the visa stamped given there is a delay of one year.

Regards,
      Ajay

Comment

Hi Snehanew, thanks for your reply.

But my question is am I still eligible to appear for the interview. Does it make it hard for me to get the visa stamped given there is a delay of one year.

Regards,
        Ajay
        No,Do u have a client letter if not that is an issue..

Comment

H1B petition approved in 2010 - can I process now in 2014. Stamping not done

In 2010, my then employer had filed a H1B visa and the petition was approved on 22nd April 2010. Then I had to quit the organization. There was no stamping done for me.

My then employer, on resignation did not give me the I-797 or any other document related to the petition.

The only thing I have with me is the petition number which on USCIS site said that the petition is approved.

It shows below:-
          Post Decision Activity
          On April 22, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Now, in 2014, my current employer is ready to process my H1B visa, on the approved petition that I already had, but he requires I-797 for the same.

Can my current employer reuse my approved petition now in 2014? Will the petition be valid?

Is there a way in which I can get I-797 from USCIS or any other place? If yes, what would be the formalities for the same?

Is it all all possible for me to get H1B visa on this petition?

Comment

Same issue is with me!!!!

I am also facing the same problem. I heard that we can get the duplicate I 797 but this request needs to be from employer I heard.. Is this true?

Can we(individually) put an request for the duplicate copy of I 797??

Can some one shed light on this please?

Comment

Its employer's petition and only they can request for a duplicate copy. The employee cannot. There is something called FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act - India's RTI act is similar ), but have not heard any one have success using it to get H1 copy from USCIS especially being out of US and it can take 3-6 Months to get a response on it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

My H1B Petition is approved in 2008 and i did not use the H1B till now. I did not go for visa stamping. It is more than 6 years now.

MY H1B petition is still valid?

Can i use the same petition and apply for visa stamping ?

Comment

Expired Petition and never stamped Visa

I got my H1B petition approved on 18/Oct/2016 but never applied for Visa or went to US after that. Recently my visa got expired on 17/Oct/2017. My question is can my company can apply for Cap Exempt Petition for me?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X