Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Approved but "no Client Letter"

Hi,
    I am from Chennai and i have applied H1 visa through my employer this year April and the Visa status is approved but my employer refuses to provide client letter for me to go for the stamping.He is saying that i should take up interviews from india and get the client letter on my own to go for the stamping. I heard from my friends that its not easy to get client letter attending interviews from india. My employer is not even showing me the petition copy or the I-797 approval but gave me the receipt number.Anyone please suggest me on how to approach this kind of situation.
    Thanks & Regards
    Venkat

Originally posted by ven_krish View Post
    Hi,
    I am from Chennai and i have applied H1 visa through my employer this year April and the Visa status is approved but my employer refuses to provide client letter for me to go for the stamping.He is saying that i should take up interviews from india and get the client letter on my own to go for the stamping. I heard from my friends that its not easy to get client letter attending interviews from india. My employer is not even showing me the petition copy or the I-797 approval but gave me the receipt number.Anyone please suggest me on how to approach this kind of situation.
    Thanks & Regards
    Venkat
    I think its time you find another employer but before that I would suggest you tactfully get the I797 notice copy from the employer and thats where the difficulty lies. Technically the employer is not bound to provide that to you.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X