X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on H1B Extension

Hi,

Here is the picture.
    I got my H1B approved in 2012. Starting from OCT 1st 2012 - SEPTEMBER 30th 2014. My H1B was approved for 2 years.
    I traveled US on onsite assigned in the month of November 2012 to June 2013. For about 7 months and then never after that.
    Now since my approval and Visa was about to expire in September i.e last month. I requested my company lawyer in August 2014 to file for extension.
    My company lawyer told me that they can file for it as in when I would be required to travel again.

Now my question is since my 1-797 (H1B Approval got expired last month i.e 30th September 2014).
    (1) Can they really file for it even after the expiration ?
    (2) if not the present employer who initialized it in 2012 for me. Can the same thing possibly be done by any other employer in US who would be interested to hire me ?
    (3) Does this thing fall under H1B exempt ?

Your insight can be very helpful

Thanks
    Zeri

Originally posted by Smuzamil View Post
    Hi,

Here is the picture.
    I got my H1B approved in 2012. Starting from OCT 1st 2012 - SEPTEMBER 30th 2014. My H1B was approved for 2 years.
    I traveled US on onsite assigned in the month of November 2012 to June 2013. For about 7 months and then never after that.
    Now since my approval and Visa was about to expire in September i.e last month. I requested my company lawyer in August 2014 to file for extension.
    My company lawyer told me that they can file for it as in when I would be required to travel again.

Now my question is since my 1-797 (H1B Approval got expired last month i.e 30th September 2014).
    (1) Can they really file for it even after the expiration ?
    (2) if not the present employer who initialized it in 2012 for me. Can the same thing possibly be done by any other employer in US who would be interested to hire me ?
    (3) Does this thing fall under H1B exempt ?

Your insight can be very helpful

Thanks
    Zeri
    1) Can they really file for it even after the expiration ?-Yes
    (2) if not the present employer who initialized it in 2012 for me. Can the same thing possibly be done by any other employer in US who would be interested to hire me ?-YES
    (3) Does this thing fall under H1B exempt ?-YES
    any body can file upto june 2019

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X