Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two approved petitions

Hi,

I have two approved petitions from different employers. I attended H1B visa interview with one of the employer. Interview was completed successfully, but at the end visa officer couldn't find my petition in the system. So VO took our passports along with my original I-797 and asked to check the status online without issuing any slip or without informing anything. Interview was completed on 29-Sep-14 but till now the status was 'Admin processing'.
    What could be the issue? Is it related to PIMS update? Is my two approved petitions any reason for delay?

Kindly suggest.
    Kumar

Originally posted by kumar75 View Post
    Hi,

I have two approved petitions from different employers. I attended H1B visa interview with one of the employer. Interview was completed successfully, but at the end visa officer couldn't find my petition in the system. So VO took our passports along with my original I-797 and asked to check the status online without issuing any slip or without informing anything. Interview was completed on 29-Sep-14 but till now the status was 'Admin processing'.
    What could be the issue? Is it related to PIMS update? Is my two approved petitions any reason for delay?

Kindly suggest.
    Kumar
    There is no one single reason for the Admin Processing. You just have to wait it out, if not willing to wait you can try going ahead with the second petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      There is no one single reason for the Admin Processing. You just have to wait it out, if not willing to wait you can try going ahead with the second petition.

Thank you very much for your response raghvi. I request you to please give your valuable suggestions on the below.
      1) Is there any chance of having the delay reason due to two approved petitions on my name?
      2) Will there be any issues at the time of interview if I go with 2nd employer like asking, why you have two petitions?, why can't
      you wait till you get the answer for the 1st interview?, etc? I am not able to get any forum link where some one with my case
      like admin processing with 1st employer and then went another interview with 2nd employer and got success.
      3) As per your experience, how much time I can wait for the response on 1st interview?
      4) How regularly I can remind the consulate by sending mails?

I will be very thankful if you can you please share me your email id to [email protected]

Kindly reply

Friendly
      Kumar

Comment

Two approved petitions

Thank you very much for your response raghvi. I request you to please give your valuable suggestions on the below.
        1) Is there any chance of having the delay reason due to two approved petitions on my name?
        2) Will there be any issues at the time of interview if I go with 2nd employer like asking, why you have two petitions?, why can't
        you wait till you get the answer for the 1st interview?, etc? I am not able to get any forum link where some one with my case
        like admin processing with 1st employer and then went another interview with 2nd employer and got success.
        3) As per your experience, how much time I can wait for the response on 1st interview?

I will be very thankful if you can you please share me your email id to [email protected]

Kindly reply

Friendly
        Kumar
        Dear Raghvi,

Please reply.

Kumar

Comment

Kindly reply

Friendly
          Kumar
          1. Only the person looking into your case can answer that.
          2. You would most likely be asked to withdraw the earlier application.
          3. You have to decide that based on which employer's documentation is stronger.
          4. No set limit, checking once every two weeks should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
            Dear Sneha,

Thank you for your reply.

Dear All,

Today I have received an email from consulate regarding my current visa status which is under Admin processing. Reply is as below.

'DEAR SIR,

Your petition is not valid in the system,

Please check it with your employer and send us email only when you are sure it’s fixed.'

My employer is confirming that everything is completed in my case and that is why I got I-797 approval notice.

Kindly suggest what can be done in this case.

Kumar

Comment

Dear Sneha,

Thank you for your reply.

Dear All,

Today I have received an email from consulate regarding my current visa status which is under Admin processing. Reply is as below.

'DEAR SIR,

Your petition is not valid in the system,

Please check it with your employer and send us email only when you are sure it’s fixed.'

My employer is confirming that everything is completed in my case and that is why I got I-797 approval notice.

Kindly suggest what can be done in this case.

Kumar
              This might be a PIMS issue,but anyhow get an email from your employer & mail it

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X