Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B will lose job on 1st Dec, Option to change location for same company or find othe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B will lose job on 1st Dec, Option to change location for same company or find othe

Hi,
    I need your advise and help
    I am traveling India for my wedding from 5th Dec to 22nd Dec.
    But, today HR department informed me that my current facility sold out and transition to new company on 1st Dec and new company is not going to sponsor my H1B visa. Now, I have two option first to move to other facility with my current company second find other job.

If I continue with other facility of current company then is it ok for me to travel to India when amendment is pending? Do I need to go for stamping again when I come back?

If I find other job who apply H1B transfer than is it ok to travel India when H1B transfer approval is pending? Does that require re-stamping to enter US again? Other company need to file H1B before 1st Dec?

I would appreciate your help
    Thank You,

For amendment, what i know is you do not need stamping since its jsut a client change on a valid visa, but you cannot travel back until the amendment process is complete.

If its transfer then YES you will need to go for stamping, and if both your H1s are active during transfer, other one gets cancelled.
    So its not safe to travel india while transfer is in progress... if the new petition hits an RFE or gets rejected you are in trouble.

Never quit until you have the trasfer approval notice in hand is what i follow

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply it is really help full..I would try to continue with same company at different facility. Do they need to file amendment before 1st Dec? or Should I have amendment approval in my hand before I travel out side?

Originally posted by smijoss View Post
      For amendment, what i know is you do not need stamping since its jsut a client change on a valid visa, but you cannot travel back until the amendment process is complete.

If its transfer then YES you will need to go for stamping, and if both your H1s are active during transfer, other one gets cancelled.
      So its not safe to travel india while transfer is in progress... if the new petition hits an RFE or gets rejected you are in trouble.

Never quit until you have the trasfer approval notice in hand is what i follow

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X