Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got laid off on H1B

Hello,

I just got laid off from one of the Big 4 accounting firms. I was on my second H1B term, which expires in October 2016.

What are my best options now?

Thanks

Originally posted by mclarenadi View Post
    Hello,

I just got laid off from one of the Big 4 accounting firms. I was on my second H1B term, which expires in October 2016.

What are my best options now?

Thanks
    You asking question as if you will be charged by the number of words you typing here. Its always helpful to know the larger history. Whats the situation of your GC? Is your 6 Years physical stay in US completing in Oct 2016? What about your spouse?

First, find another employer before your last working day and ask them to apply for cap exempt H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You asking question as if you will be charged by the number of words you typing here. Its always helpful to know the larger history. Whats the situation of your GC? Is your 6 Years physical stay in US completing in Oct 2016? What about your spouse?

First, find another employer before your last working day and ask them to apply for cap exempt H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Well, my first H1 was filed on September 2012, which was supposed to go till September 2015. But I switched about a year ago and then the new H1 was from October 2013 to October 2016. The GC has not been in the picture yet.

I don't have any dependents. My last day was on Thursday, the 23rd of October. The HR person said I have about 30-60 days to find another sponsor.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X