Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Renewal - Administrative Process.

Hi,

I came to India for vacation and went to Chennai US consulate for my H1 (Renewal) stamping on 4th June 2014. I went through Drop Box option. After 2 days, I received a e mail from Consulate to come and collect my Passport. I got my Passport without stamping and I got a Blue slip saying that “Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made". It been 5 months now and I haven't received any update from them. Can anyone suggest any idea what I can do.

Originally posted by kishore06 View Post
    Hi,

I came to India for vacation and went to Chennai US consulate for my H1 (Renewal) stamping on 4th June 2014. I went through Drop Box option. After 2 days, I received a e mail from Consulate to come and collect my Passport. I got my Passport without stamping and I got a Blue slip saying that “Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made". It been 5 months now and I haven't received any update from them. Can anyone suggest any idea what I can do.
    What was the reason for 221G? Have they asked for any documentation? How big/genuine is the employer? How many layers between you and the end client?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response. This was through Drop Box. I submitted in the Drop Box and within few days i was asked to come and collect the passport and i found the blue slip with the passport. No documentation asked. Followed up many times through the Agency and they said to wait.

The employer is very genuine and is not a consultant. There is no additional layer..... This is a direct customer to our company. I checked with my client as well as company if they have received any letter but no one has received anything.

Regards,
      Kishore

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      What was the reason for 221G? Have they asked for any documentation? How big/genuine is the employer? How many layers between you and the end client?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kishore06 View Post
        Hi,

Kishore,

whats your educational background? are you anyway connected to TAL listed technologies?
        also did you try calling DOS or Chennai consulate?

I m in similar situation but I got white 221g from hyd consulate.

Good Luck!

Comment

Hi,

I am in IT project Management/Technical Leadership role. I tried calling DOS and they said to wait and calling the US travel docs no in chennai i keep getting the same message.

Good Luck with yours too.

Thanks,
          Kishore

Originally posted by king303 View Post
          Kishore,

whats your educational background? are you anyway connected to TAL listed technologies?
          also did you try calling DOS or Chennai consulate?

I m in similar situation but I got white 221g from hyd consulate.

Good Luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X