Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First H1 B received NOIR even before start date of H1

Hi,

I have my first H1-B approved and Stamped (for 3 years) in August. I made all arrangement for my travel to US in Oct'14 but In Sep'14 my employer received NOIR saying I was not at the client location during their client site visit. My employer replied to the USCIS with the relevant docs.

My questions here are

Can I still travel to US with the Visa (I currently have a job offer)
    What if My Petition is revoked - Can I choose a different employer ? If so should I again attend the interview at the consulate.
    Would you suggest any other alternate approach.

Originally posted by sasu14 View Post
    Hi,

I have my first H1-B approved and Stamped (for 3 years) in August. I made all arrangement for my travel to US in Oct'14 but In Sep'14 my employer received NOIR saying I was not at the client location during their client site visit. My employer replied to the USCIS with the relevant docs.

My questions here are

Can I still travel to US with the Visa (I currently have a job offer)
    What if My Petition is revoked - Can I choose a different employer ? If so should I again attend the interview at the consulate.
    Would you suggest any other alternate approach.
    Something does not fit the story. Why does USCIS expect you to be in the client site even before the H1 start date?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Yes , that was what happened. . It was so weird our attorney replied to USCIS quoting the same

Comment

Advisable to await USCIS response, if they did a mistake they would correct it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X