Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b transfer question. Multiple employers..Please Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer question. Multiple employers..Please Help!!

I am currently with employer A on H1b visa. Employer B has started my H1b transfer petition just 4 days ago under normal processing. Just now I got an offer from employer C and they are going to start H1b visa transfer processing under premium processing within couple of days. Both employer B and C have used my petition from employer A for H1b transfer. I have a preference for employer C over employer B. However, I want to keep my option open with employer B just in case I do not like at employer C or if they fire me within a week or so. I will get petition from employer C approved within three weeks from now and I am going to join with them after petition is approved, ie after 3 weeks. Now here is my question.

(1) Would my petition from employer B be denied if I am no longer with employer A? I think by the time I leave employer A, I will have petition number for employer B's petition received, but the decision will still be pending.

(2) Here is another scenario: Lets say I have got receipt for petition for employer B, resigned from employer A and joined at employer C. After working for a week or so at employer C, I want to join employer B. Would it be legally possible? What would status be until petition from B is approved if it can be approved at all? Any risk of not getting approval for B's petition?

Thanks,
    CP

can you help me

I got laid off from employer A on September 30th 2014. I got new job offer from employer B and they filed H1B visa on 20th October 2014 in premium processing. Now i got a RFE from USCIS in regards to the petition. They are requesting additional information surrounding your departure from your previous employer. What was the reason, and did you leave on good terms?
    What are my options?
    What are the Documents need?

Comment

Originally posted by CPh1holder View Post
      I am currently with employer A on H1b visa. Employer B has started my H1b transfer petition just 4 days ago under normal processing. Just now I got an offer from employer C and they are going to start H1b visa transfer processing under premium processing within couple of days. Both employer B and C have used my petition from employer A for H1b transfer. I have a preference for employer C over employer B. However, I want to keep my option open with employer B just in case I do not like at employer C or if they fire me within a week or so. I will get petition from employer C approved within three weeks from now and I am going to join with them after petition is approved, ie after 3 weeks. Now here is my question.

(1) Would my petition from employer B be denied if I am no longer with employer A? I think by the time I leave employer A, I will have petition number for employer B's petition received, but the decision will still be pending.

(2) Here is another scenario: Lets say I have got receipt for petition for employer B, resigned from employer A and joined at employer C. After working for a week or so at employer C, I want to join employer B. Would it be legally possible? What would status be until petition from B is approved if it can be approved at all? Any risk of not getting approval for B's petition?

Thanks,
      CP
      1. This will not be a reason for denial.
      2. This is not possible, you will need to show valid status by showing pay stubs from C.

Messing up USCIS by filing multiple transfer petition many a times ends up with USCIS not approving with a new I-94 and then you would need to leave US and re enter on the petition of the employer whom you want to work with.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X