Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer on expire I94

Hello Folks,

I am on H1B Visa and working full time for a company. I have recieved another offer and they want to start my VISA transfer process. While filling out the form they requested I found my I94 expiration date listed is 9 Aug 2014. My H1 VISA is valid till Oct 2016. I can see that the expiration date might be because my passport was expiring on same date, though I renewed my passport already before expiration.

I want to know how to proceed further from here. Should I still go for H1 transfer with expired I94? Am I in problem with expired i94 (my current status?). Also, how can I get this corrected.? Thanks in advance everyone, please help.

Originally posted by neal19 View Post
    Hello Folks,

I am on H1B Visa and working full time for a company. I have recieved another offer and they want to start my VISA transfer process. While filling out the form they requested I found my I94 expiration date listed is 9 Aug 2014. My H1 VISA is valid till Oct 2016. I can see that the expiration date might be because my passport was expiring on same date, though I renewed my passport already before expiration.

I want to know how to proceed further from here. Should I still go for H1 transfer with expired I94? Am I in problem with expired i94 (my current status?). Also, how can I get this corrected.? Thanks in advance everyone, please help.
    I-94 is a very very important document while in US on a visa, and should not be taken lightly, and letting it expire can lead to big problems. It seems you do not have a valid reason to not have filed I-94 extension except that you overlooked this very important part of immigration.

You basically have been illegal since 9-Aug-2014. You need to leave US as soon as possible and try to re enter with a fresh visa and hope the officer giving you the visa does not give you hard time for overstaying without any genuine reason. Its already nearly 90 Days since your I-94 expiry, a 180 day over stay can trigger a 3 Year ban, so act fast.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X