Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 - termination of project

Hi,

I came to US on 4th november, on H1. My emplyer a consultant tried to get me a job. And now i.e. on 21st november he is telling me that the project for which he hired me has been terminated and u can go back to india.

I dont have any pay stub till now. I have many other consultants who are ready to take me, but they cant, as i dont have any pay stub with me. So, what can i do. And what can i do with my current employer.

Waiting for an immediate reply.

Thanx.

Hi,
    If your current employer fails to employ your services, you will be considered out of status. Even if some project is provided after sometime, when you go back to the consulate for revalidation, or if your spouse/visitors visas, this delay will have to explained. You cannot do a transfer without pay-slips. If you find a new employer, make arrangements to get H1B filed for next year. Go back to the home consulate and get a stamping for the new employer and re-enter to work. Or you persuade the present employer to give you a project atleast in the next one month. You can somehow explain the delay if you happen to go back.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi,
      Dont worry about it.. you are legal in usa for six weeks after employer terminates your visa. but employers dont normally do it because it comes on their bad records if they are cancelling visas. so rest assured your visa wont get cancelled and you can stay as long as you want.

what you need to do is : post your resume on job sites and look for a project yourself..you will start getting calls and then you can find a job and get h1b transferred.

or

find another employer and tell them that you want to transfer h1b because you are looking for new job. once that happens you can transfer h1b.

dont get dissappointed..you are just 1 wicket down..still there are 9 wickets remaining...dont even think of going back to india
      Last edited by Jaygurnani; 11-22-2005, 12:14 PM.

Comment

H1 Transfer Possible

You can trasnfer your H1 papers to another company without any paystub. But only criteria is you need to apply for transfer within 30 days from the date you landed in USA.

Anyway, this is not a legal advice. Please contact the employer who is willing to transfer your H1.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X