Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping, H4 Visa, Passport renewal

Hi friends,

I'm currently working in US and I recently got an extension on my H1B visa (from Nov 2014). My wife is in India right now and I intend to bring her on H4 Visa. I will be travelling to India in December second last week and will be back in US by mid January. Also my passport is expiring in June 2015. Given below are the queries I have. Would really appreciate it if some one could get back to me on these:

1) Is it possible to initiate my wife's H4 processing based on the I797 approval notice that I got? Will there be any issues due to the fact that my passport is expiring in June 2015?
    2) I intent to get my passport renewed when I get to India on tatkal basis (with in 3 days) and then appear at the consulate for Visa stamping. Can I fill up DS 160 and book an appointment right away ( may be for first week of Jan) with my existing passport and then go for the interview with the renewed passport?
    3) do I have to take bio metrics again or is it only one date to be scheduled for my H1 Visa stamping?
    4) How much time does it typically take from interview to getting the passport back from consulate? Is there an option to pick it up the same day?

Thanks in advance,

Antony

Anyone?

Hi friends , could anyone help me with this one?
    Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X