H4 to H1 advice and clearing doubts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 advice and clearing doubts

Hi, My name is Raj. I am currently working as java developer in a start-up company. My wife is getting a opportunity to travel to US on H-1B visa, same company will help me in filing for H4 as dependent. Since H4 visa has no permission to work in US I have following questions.

1. Is it very difficult to find a sponsors/ consultants who can file for h1 from my h4 ?
    2. can I apply for h1 in jan and come back to india and work in old company and travel back to US only if my H1 gets approved or I should stay in US for 6+ months ?
    3. Is consultants genuine who promise to get a h1 visa?

4. My wife can get opportunity for Singapore or Australia also if US is turning out to be difficult so will I get work permit in Singapore or Australia easier compared to US ?

Please advice me on this it will be of a great help.

can anyone in this forum help me ?

Comment

Originally posted by amcraj View Post
      Hi, My name is Raj. I am currently working as java developer in a start-up company. My wife is getting a opportunity to travel to US on H-1B visa, same company will help me in filing for H4 as dependent. Since H4 visa has no permission to work in US I have following questions.

1. Is it very difficult to find a sponsors/ consultants who can file for h1 from my h4 ?
      2. can I apply for h1 in jan and come back to india and work in old company and travel back to US only if my H1 gets approved or I should stay in US for 6+ months ?
      3. Is consultants genuine who promise to get a h1 visa?

4. My wife can get opportunity for Singapore or Australia also if US is turning out to be difficult so will I get work permit in Singapore or Australia easier compared to US ?

Please advice me on this it will be of a great help.
      1 &3. If your skill sets are in demand and there is shortage of supply in US, I dont see any issues. Be careful of consultants who promise the moon but deliver nothing.
      2. Fresh Cap based H1 can be applied only from 01-April-2015, but most of the recruiters have already started the documentation part. The H1, if approved can only start from 01-Oct-2015. If you leave after applying then you would have to do a COS or go for stamping, read other forum posts to understand this better.
      4. For that you will have to check the Singapore/Australia immigration and work permit process, and preferably take input from someone who has worked in all three countries. But considering the notion that US is the largest IT market , it should be easier to get a job here, I cant say the same about work permit/visa though.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

@raghvi. Thank you for clearing doubts

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X