Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India while H4 extension is in process

Hi,

I have checked a lot of sites and everywhere it says it is not recommended to travel when extension is in process .My H4 expired on 30th Sep 2014 n my extension is in process.My spouse has already got his H1b extension approved till 2017.My problem is I have my parents 60th wedding in India by november.I have already bukd ticket to leave by Nov 16 2014 to attend it and return by Dec 25 2014.Since we applied for my H4 extension by Aug 15 2014 itself we thought we wud get the extension approved by the time I travel but now there are no updates,still my case is in the Initial review status.I am totally confused. I feel really bad to miss my parents special occasion
    Isn't there any way to travel and return without any problem ? If incase my extension gets approved before my return date then will it be all fine for me to leave ? Please reply.

Originally posted by Sarnya KP View Post
    Hi,

I have checked a lot of sites and everywhere it says it is not recommended to travel when extension is in process .My H4 expired on 30th Sep 2014 n my extension is in process.My spouse has already got his H1b extension approved till 2017.My problem is I have my parents 60th wedding in India by november.I have already bukd ticket to leave by Nov 16 2014 to attend it and return by Dec 25 2014.Since we applied for my H4 extension by Aug 15 2014 itself we thought we wud get the extension approved by the time I travel but now there are no updates,still my case is in the Initial review status.I am totally confused. I feel really bad to miss my parents special occasion
    Isn't there any way to travel and return without any problem ? If incase my extension gets approved before my return date then will it be all fine for me to leave ? Please reply.
    Your H4 has already expired, on what visa are you going to re enter?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X