H1 Stamping (Dropbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping (Dropbox)

My Visa expired last year when I was working for Employer-A (Valid I-797). This year Jan 2014 I moved to Employer-B and got 3 years extension. I am planning to go to Hyderabad, India and get my visa Stamped this December 2014. I wan't to know if I am eligible for Dropbox option if my employer changed.

Attached is what the embassy site says. I see there are there are 3 Eligibility Criteria's described separated with two OR. I fall under first criteria, but I am still not 100% sure as I got my stamping from a different employer last time.

"
    If you can answer “yes” to all of the following questions, you may qualify for our Interview Waiver Program “Dropbox”. You do not need to schedule an appointment at a Visa Application Center. Please proceed with your application, print 2 copies and follow instruction mentioned on document submission letter.

Eligibility Criteria for all applicants except children below 14 years and applicants above 80 years of age:
    • My most recent visa was issued in India;
    • I received my visa after January 1, 2008;
    • My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”;
    • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost or stolen;
    • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday;
    • I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to renew;
    • I have no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance;
    • If I am applying for a B1/B2, C1D, or J visa, my prior visa in the same classification is still valid or expired within the last 48 months;
    OR
    • If I am applying for an F/M/J visa, my prior visa in the same classification and same Academic Institution is still valid or expired within the last 48 months.Note: F/M visa interview applicants must submit their original I-20 form and J visa interview waiver applicants must submit their original DS-2019 form along with their passport;
    OR
    • If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible.
    "
    Attached Files

You are applying for H visa so you do not qualify for the first point. You need to see the third criteria and you would have to attend fresh stamping as your petitioner/employer has changed.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X