Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need hard copy of I-140 to apply for H1b extension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need hard copy of I-140 to apply for H1b extension.

Hello,

I have my I-140 approved today and I was wondering if I would need to wait for the hard copy of the approval before applying for H1b extension. I'm travelling to India on Dec 8th and hence want to get my H1b Extended and get Visa for 3 years. Please advise.

Originally posted by sm420j View Post
    Hello,

I have my I-140 approved today and I was wondering if I would need to wait for the hard copy of the approval before applying for H1b extension. I'm travelling to India on Dec 8th and hence want to get my H1b Extended and get Visa for 3 years. Please advise.
    Do you have the I797 for additional 3 Years?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Do you have the I797 for additional 3 Years?
      No. Currently I have I-797 only till end of March 2015. But since my I-140 is approved now, I'm entitled to get additional 3 years extension. I was thinking of getting my extension before going to India which can be possible if I do a premium processing of my H1b extension.

I was wondering if I would need the I-140 hard copy (Yet to get from USCIS) OR I can just apply for the extension with the receipt number of I-140.

Comment

I believe you can apply with the receipt number, but doubly check with your attorney.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          I believe you can apply with the receipt number, but doubly check with your attorney.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
          Ok Thanks. I have sent an email to the attorney as well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X