Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt regarding h4 to h1b

Hi,
    Im currently in US on a H4 visa and have applied for a H1B which is currently only under processing.So this is a 'what if' question.
    We have plans to go to India on March for a vacation where I will have to get my visa stamped.So my doubt is :
    1. If my H1B stamping is rejected in India, will I be able to come back to US on my H4.Will I have to get a new DS 160.
    2. If at all the stamping is rejected and I come back to US on H4 will I be able to reprocess the H1B visa that was initially approved by the consulate.

TIA

Originally posted by Neetha_Vishnu View Post
    Hi,
    Im currently in US on a H4 visa and have applied for a H1B which is currently only under processing.So this is a 'what if' question.
    We have plans to go to India on March for a vacation where I will have to get my visa stamped.So my doubt is :
    1. If my H1B stamping is rejected in India, will I be able to come back to US on my H4.Will I have to get a new DS 160.
    2. If at all the stamping is rejected and I come back to US on H4 will I be able to reprocess the H1B visa that was initially approved by the consulate.

TIA
    When is your H4 visa stamp in the passport expiring?

1. If your H4 is valid upon re entry then you dont have to get H4 stamped again.
    2. It depends upon the reasons for rejection as well as if petition is revoked.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X