Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 - Filed 485 and got EAD - came to know its a Fraud

This is what's going on to somebody that I know of:

He came to US on H4. He got to know from somebody that there is a way to get EAD. Initially that person didnt believe, but he received proof from his friends that they indeed got EAD. So he went ahead and gave his passport and completed I-485, I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP). Everything went fine. He received EAD in 3 months. All is well so far.

After that, His wife applied for H4 extension. And there was an shocking RFE:
    It said that her husband is not married to her anymore and they mentioned an US citizen name to whom they think he's married.
    So they cant issue H4.

When they contacted the person through whom they filed I-485, they came to know that that person created marriage documents and is telling them to sign Annulment papers. How can somebody create **** marriage documents? Is it that easy in US?

How can they proceed to take legal action and report this fraud? They are ok with not having EAD. They just want H4 status back.

Pelase advice.

Originally posted by rogerpavan View Post
    This is what's going on to somebody that I know of:

He came to US on H4. He got to know from somebody that there is a way to get EAD. Initially that person didnt believe, but he received proof from his friends that they indeed got EAD. So he went ahead and gave his passport and completed I-485, I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP). Everything went fine. He received EAD in 3 months. All is well so far.

After that, His wife applied for H4 extension. And there was an shocking RFE:
    It said that her husband is not married to her anymore and they mentioned an US citizen name to whom they think he's married.
    So they cant issue H4.

When they contacted the person through whom they filed I-485, they came to know that that person created marriage documents and is telling them to sign Annulment papers. How can somebody create **** marriage documents? Is it that easy in US?

How can they proceed to take legal action and report this fraud? They are ok with not having EAD. They just want H4 status back.

Pelase advice.
    Confusing. You say "he came to US on H4" then later on say " His wife applied for H4 extension" how can both be on H4 initially? Something fishy. Talk to a lawyer to get this mess sorted out. if indeed your friend has done or was part of a fraudulent way to get EAD then it can have serious repercussions. Not knowing the law cannot be a reason to break the law.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Confusing. You say "he came to US on H4" then later on say " His wife applied for H4 extension" how can both be on H4 initially? Something fishy. Talk to a lawyer to get this mess sorted out. if indeed your friend has done or was part of a fraudulent way to get EAD then it can have serious repercussions. Not knowing the law cannot be a reason to break the law.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for the reply.
      What I meant was She is on H1 and applied for her husband's H4 extension.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X