Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of H1B while going for visa stamping

Hi,
    I have been working on H1B status with Company A for more than a year now. I recently got a good offer from Company B and decided to transfer my H1B, and the transfer has been approved. But due to some circumstances, I do not want to work for Company B, and instead want to stick with Company A. Due to a family emergency, I need to travel to India for a few weeks, and will have thus have to go for the H1B visa stamping.

Will it be a problem to get my H1B visa stamped under my current employer (Company A) as I have got an approved transfer from Company B? I have all paystubs to date from Company A, and have not yet started working for Company B. Please consider this as an urgent inquiry since I have to travel very soon.

Thanks in advance for your help.

One can have multiple H1Bs, but if your intention is just to continue working for Co.A, then going for Co.A's H1B stamping will not be an issue even if you have another petition filed and approved for you and you don't intend working for the Co.B. Do ensure that your paperwork for Co.A H1B is good.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks so much for the quick response.

Comment

Hi,

When the petition for Company B was approved, it came with an I-94. So won't the new I-94 be in effect inplace of the old I-94 which came with the approved petition for Company A? Won't that have any effect when I go for stamping?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X