Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Question (Projects) for a Database Administrator

Hi All,
    I work FT as a DBA for an american company. My job is not project based but we have day-to-day operational duties and work. I have been reading that VO's are specifically asking about projects and project related documents.

How do I go about answering this? Will the Visa officer know that I am not subjected to projects when i tell him that i work as DBA?

Please answer as this is quite urgent.

Thanks.

You will have to explain the simplest language possible that as you are not doing development, you don't have projects but day-to-day work.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      You will have to explain the simplest language possible that as you are not doing development, you don't have projects but day-to-day work.
      Thank you! I figured that i will have to explain things to him in a meaningful way. But how about Project description letter? Where do i get that from? Or is it not applicable to full-time employees like me?

Thanks again!

Comment

Even if you are a FT employee, there would have to be a Master Services Agreement/Statement Of Work signed between your employer and the end client(s) as to which services/functions would be provided on a day to day basis. You can carry those MSA/SOW in case asked for.

For example, for DBAs there would be DB maintenance, installation, configuration, Tuning, monitoring, associated SLAs etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Even if you are a FT employee, there would have to be a Master Services Agreement/Statement Of Work signed between your employer and the end client(s) as to which services/functions would be provided on a day to day basis. You can carry those MSA/SOW in case asked for.

For example, for DBAs there would be DB maintenance, installation, configuration, Tuning, monitoring, associated SLAs etc.

Thanks Raghvi. End Client? I dont have any clients. I manage my employer's data and im a direct hire of my employer. I am not in a Client based employement?

Comment

Originally posted by krypt0rg View Post
            Thanks Raghvi. End Client? I dont have any clients. I manage my employer's data and im a direct hire of my employer. I am not in a Client based employement?
            Well in that case you can take the details of the internal applications which run on the DBs that you maintain. As far as I understand most of the DBs need a front end application which may or may not have a user base. Details about what the application does, how they are critical for the company, and why and how the day to day DBA activities influence the same. Prepare a detailed letter and get it signed by internal IT management.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              Well in that case you can take the details of the internal applications which run on the DBs that you maintain. As far as I understand most of the DBs need a front end application which may or may not have a user base. Details about what the application does, how they are critical for the company, and why and how the day to day DBA activities influence the same. Prepare a detailed letter and get it signed by internal IT management.

Awesome thanks! I am going to do that right away.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X