h1b visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b visa

One of my friend working in US in H1b visa and he has a valid stamping until 2017. His employer planing to send him to India for training and knowledge transfer for a project to India . This assignment is for two
    months. Is this okay to travel outside US (home country) more than two months?

Originally posted by sivaarc View Post
    One of my friend working in US in H1b visa and he has a valid stamping until 2017. His employer planing to send him to India for training and knowledge transfer for a project to India . This assignment is for two
    months. Is this okay to travel outside US (home country) more than two months?
    Don't see any issue with that as long as he already has a visa in the passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

h1b visa

Thank you for your reply. Does employee of a US company having H1B visa work outside US for a long time (Even he/she holding valid visa.). ? H1b having any kind of restriction work outside USA?

Comment

Originally posted by sivaarc View Post
        Thank you for your reply. Does employee of a US company having H1B visa work outside US for a long time (Even he/she holding valid visa.). ? H1b having any kind of restriction work outside USA?
        Yes, as long as the employer and employee both are in agreement, people work outside US too even if they have a valid H1.
        The H1 clock sort of "stops" while one is outside US. As for extraordinarily long time say 6 Months or so, one should re enter with the latest offer letter, and ensure petition and visa both are valid. Also to ensure the LCA salary is still in line with what is DOL specified as I believe the minimum salary may gets revised over few years.

The additional thing that needs consideration perhaps is the income taxes; to be paid in US or in the country of work based upon the length of the stay.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X