My experience H1B stamping - Kolkata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience H1B stamping - Kolkata

I did my PA last week in Kolkata consulate.

I have to attend 2 days for stamping.. one for biometric interview and another for PA...
    Biometric : no issue...just reach on time..produce your current passport, appointment date and DS160 confirmation. You will be provided with a token number. I saw many my colleagues were there...good environment...the counter young man asked me to read the agreement below stuck at window...then confirmed my passport details...asked me to take 4 left finger, 4 right finger, both thump impression and then a photo...baas..done..altogether 3-4 minutes task.

PA: Reached on time in Kolkata US Consulate...security checked done...lots of my company colleagues were there in the morning...entered the consulate after security check...they took my mobile phone given me a token for phone and another for verification...entered inside...a lady was checking everyone confirmation in her tab....myself done..asked me to go another interview room where actual thing will happen

Interview room: security asked me to go to a counter, there an Indian man was there..i gave my passport to him...he returned me that with a token number and asked me to wait for my number displayed in the screen...I just sit and my number comes....went to the displayed counter. An American lady Visa Officer was there.

Me: (produced my passport, ds 160 confirmation and approved petition to her through the window hole)..Good Morning Mam...
    VO: (smiled and checked something in her pc...) Good morning....What is your designation ?
    Me: Answered.

She then returned me my passport, ds160 and petition( at this time I thought my visa is rejected, thats why she returned) and said to wait for call from next counter displayed in the screen.

Me: Ok..thanks Mam.

Waited for my turn for the next counter in display board and it comes within a minute...went to that counter where already one's guy's interview was taken...i line up in the queue...the next counter another interview was going on where the guy was very nervous and loudly answering like what his company does, client does, his responsibilities etc...I was very worried about hearing and seeing this situation...anyway my turn come..an American man was there

Me: Good Morning sir. (produced my passport, old passport where expired old h1b stamped was there, petition, confirmation)
    VO: Namaskar (yes surprisingly he Said namaskar to me with folded hand and smiled)
    Me: Namaskar sir.
    VO: (taken all docs and saw for a while..types something in his pc) So you are traveling for xxx ?
    Me: Yes
    VO: Are you traveling for the same company as last time?
    Me: Yes sir
    VO: Who is your end client:
    Me: (Answered)
    VO: So which city will you be working ?
    VO: What will be your role:
    Me: Computer Programmer
    VO: What will you do there?
    Me: Will do coding in java j2ee, scripting language, oracle pl sql and unix programming
    VO: Reasonable...and who is your end client?
    VO: Oh, you already told me that....are you married ?
    Me: No.

Then he did something in his pc and said ok...I am taking your passport and here is yours...then he returned me the old passport, petition etc and kept only the current passport.

I understand that my visa is granted and did not asked him explicitly and smiled and took those and said Namaskar to him...he also said Namaskar.
    I left the counter.

I got my stamped passport after 1 day... I will be traveling next week.

hope my experience will some help others...be confident...answered to the point and don't be nervous

Hello, Can you PM me your number, i will be going to Kolkata for stamping as well and need to know the process of scheduling the dates. my email is [email protected]

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for the detailed feedback.
      Usually people come here when they need help, but unlike you have done, the eagerness to help others by giving your thoughts is diminishing in this forum ( at least in the H visa section. I do not know about other sections/pages of the forum. I posted 2 different questions about H1-B in the last 4 months, not one single reply. )

Comment

@NYCRambo:

The more you visit Immihelp the more you get panicked and tensed ! :P
        People come here only when they are in trouble or waiting for something or when they have questions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X