Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Extension applied

Hi,

Working in NJ, My VISA has expired so my employer has filed for H1b Extension on Nov 11th. Now we all know that we do not have an exact estimation time about this process..it could take 60 days or 85 days and i have seen cases which took more than 100 days still the case is in initial review stage.
    Now, I need to visit India to attend a wedding in Jan but my case shows as initial review when i checked on USCIS site.
    Can i change my case into Premium now?
    If so, what is the process and how much does it cost? Who usually bares the cost, Employer or me?
    My Wife is on H4 here, In this situation what is the process for H4 VISA?

Please let me know if you have any inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Shravan.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,

Working in NJ, My VISA has expired so my employer has filed for H1b Extension on Nov 11th. Now we all know that we do not have an exact estimation time about this process..it could take 60 days or 85 days and i have seen cases which took more than 100 days still the case is in initial review stage.
    Now, I need to visit India to attend a wedding in Jan but my case shows as initial review when i checked on USCIS site.
    Can i change my case into Premium now?
    If so, what is the process and how much does it cost? Who usually bares the cost, Employer or me?
    My Wife is on H4 here, In this situation what is the process for H4 VISA?

Please let me know if you have any inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Shravan.
    A point wise question list would have been easier to respond.

Did you not apply H1 and H4 extension together?

1. It normally takes 2-4 weeks for H1 extension if processed in premium and no RFE.
    2. Yes you can upgrade to premium any time.
    3. By filling I907 . http://www.uscis.gov/us-visa-and-imm...essing-service.
    4. Either you or employer can pay for the premium processing fees, I guess its around $1225.
    5. Your spouse's H4 extension cannot be premium processed, but its a general notion that if H1 decision comes in early so would H4 if applied together.

As it is you two need to go for visa stamping (assuming H4 also expired), or avail of the drop box facility , if eligible. So might be a good idea to upgrade to premium, get approval notice in hand, leave US, attend visa stamping/dropbox, based on eligibility and get new H1, and H4 in the passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1 and H4 applied on same date. H1 approved, H4 still pending.

Hi,

Thanks for your response to my previous post.
      My H1b Extension got approved on Dec 5th but when i checked my wife's H4 extension case it says Name was updated on Nov 7th.
      1. When it shows 'Name updated on Nov 7th', does it mean this case will be processed from initial stage and starting from Nov 7th ?
      2. Is it recommended to cross country with out Valid H4?
      3. I understand we can change these cases to Premium, can we change H4 case to premium too? If so, how much does it cost?

Appreciate your response.

Regards.

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      A point wise question list would have been easier to respond.

Did you not apply H1 and H4 extension together?

1. It normally takes 2-4 weeks for H1 extension if processed in premium and no RFE.
      2. Yes you can upgrade to premium any time.
      3. By filling I907 . http://www.uscis.gov/us-visa-and-imm...essing-service.
      4. Either you or employer can pay for the premium processing fees, I guess its around $1225.
      5. Your spouse's H4 extension cannot be premium processed, but its a general notion that if H1 decision comes in early so would H4 if applied together.

As it is you two need to go for visa stamping (assuming H4 also expired), or avail of the drop box facility , if eligible. So might be a good idea to upgrade to premium, get approval notice in hand, leave US, attend visa stamping/dropbox, based on eligibility and get new H1, and H4 in the passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X