X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b status approved through receipt number, how to proceed

Hi,

Please suggest what can be done ?

My spouse applied H1b through one of consultancy in India/US and status is approved now(earlier it was RFE) as per USCIS website status corresponding to the receipt number shared by the consultancy in May'14). And we do not have any paper with us like I797, LCA etc.
    The consultancy is very lazy and when ever we call them, they asks for the current company Notice period (which is 2 months). And now after few follow ups, they say: "the US clients can't wait for more than 15 days(norm in USA) for a candidate to join after clearing the interviews. So you confirm if the NP can be reduced to 15 days or resign and after that only we can proceed with interviews and client letter and then stamping."

Note: We are in India and never been to US.

TIA

Originally posted by panacea6565 View Post
    Hi,

Please suggest what can be done ?

My spouse applied H1b through one of consultancy in India/US and status is approved now(earlier it was RFE) as per USCIS website status corresponding to the receipt number shared by the consultancy in May'14). And we do not have any paper with us like I797, LCA etc.
    The consultancy is very lazy and when ever we call them, they asks for the current company Notice period (which is 2 months). And now after few follow ups, they say: "the US clients can't wait for more than 15 days(norm in USA) for a candidate to join after clearing the interviews. So you confirm if the NP can be reduced to 15 days or resign and after that only we can proceed with interviews and client letter and then stamping."

Note: We are in India and never been to US.

TIA
    I would suggest you find a better employer. But the 2 Months notice period would most likely impede any other employer too.

You can tell the US employer that you would resign as soon as you get a valid visa stamp, and in parallel find out about if India employer has any policy of leave adjustments/notice period buy out.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

persuade current employer with receipt number only proof

Thanks Raghvi for the quick answers

As you mentioned, the 2 months notice period will be a issue with every new employer,agree with your future vision.

How easy it is to persuade the current employer (a big US MNC ) to file a h1b cap exempt petition with receipt number only proof (and her name,etc is not mentioned anywhere when we check on USCIS website with receipt number) ?

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I would suggest you find a better employer. But the 2 Months notice period would most likely impede any other employer too.

You can tell the US employer that you would resign as soon as you get a valid visa stamp, and in parallel find out about if India employer has any policy of leave adjustments/notice period buy out.

Last edited by panacea6565; 12-01-2014, 11:50 AM. Reason: updated

Comment

Most of the large employers would want to see an approval notice.

Comment

Submitting USCIS form for Non-Delivery of Notice

Hi Raghvi,

Need your opinion on this one also

Would you suggest of filling the below form to get the Approval notice (I-797) mailed again by USCIS to my cousin's address in US
          USING https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/dis...roPageType=ndn

I dont have clue of 'A-Number'
          And In 'Applicant or Petitioner Information' will enter applicant's(spouse) details.
          I think, all other details to be filled in the form are easy and we can fill that easily

PS: Pardon me, in case it might look like playing joke with USCIS
          Attached Files

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X