Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Related Questions

Hi,
    I got my H1b petition selected in last year lottery however the company is planning to send me now and i have to go for stamping.Also i got married last year however had to separate from my wife within short span of time and our case is going on in the court.Now i have the following questions

1)I already got my spouse name added in my passport last year now however we got separated.In DCS form should i file it as married or separated
    2)Is it mandatory for me to remove the spouse name from passport and then get stamped in the new passport or if the spouse name is there in my passport will it create any issues for me in future.
    3)Even if i get a new passport (i got a Annexure K from a first class magistrate) i should carry my old passport as well so will this create any problems.

Kindly answer my queries as this is bit urgent.

Regards,
    Rahul

Seniors Plz answer my queries

Regards,
    Rahul

Comment

Originally posted by xplorehari View Post
      Hi,
      I got my H1b petition selected in last year lottery however the company is planning to send me now and i have to go for stamping.Also i got married last year however had to separate from my wife within short span of time and our case is going on in the court.Now i have the following questions

1)I already got my spouse name added in my passport last year now however we got separated.In DCS form should i file it as married or separated
      2)Is it mandatory for me to remove the spouse name from passport and then get stamped in the new passport or if the spouse name is there in my passport will it create any issues for me in future.
      3)Even if i get a new passport (i got a Annexure K from a first class magistrate) i should carry my old passport as well so will this create any problems.

Kindly answer my queries as this is bit urgent.

Regards,
      Rahul
      1. If court case is still going on then you still are not legally separated so you would have to say married.
      2. Just the way one needs marriage certificate even if spouse name not added, it would be good to carry divorce certificate if you are not married but still have spouse name in passport. Irrespective it should not cause any issue for you unless you try to claim certain benefits.
      3. No I dont see any issue.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X