Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT - Called for re-interview Kolkata consulate - H1B - FTE

Hi Friends,

I was called for a re-interview and was asked not to get any documents, just my photo ID proof. I am worried on why they asked me NOT to get any documents.

Brief description on my case:

Entered USA on L1B through employer1 (Nov 2010)
    Employer1 filed H1B while I was in the USA (Oct 2012)
    I transferred my H1B to a new employer employer2, (October 2014) and had to travel to India. I joined as a FTE (Full Time Employee) of a 200+ employee company. I'm the only Visa holder, all are citizens.

Visa Interview:

1. I attended my H1B Visa interview in Kolkata on 26th Nov.
    Just a few regular questions, VO said that my visa is approved and will get my passport in few days. He kept my passport and I did NOT get any 221g clause.
    2. Got a call from US embassy on 4th December asking me to attend the interview again on 8th Dec, as the VO requested for it. She told me that no documents are required and just that the VO wants to see me again.

I joined as a FTE and have all documents with me. I ran through my H1B packet and everything looked good.

What probable reason would they call me for a re-interview? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ceac: Administrative Processing
    ustraveldocs: Your passport is still with the embassy.

Thanks Friends!

Originally posted by munnah1 View Post
    Hi Friends,

I was called for a re-interview and was asked not to get any documents, just my photo ID proof. I am worried on why they asked me NOT to get any documents.

Brief description on my case:

Entered USA on L1B through employer1 (Nov 2010)
    Employer1 filed H1B while I was in the USA (Oct 2012)
    I transferred my H1B to a new employer employer2, (October 2014) and had to travel to India. I joined as a FTE (Full Time Employee) of a 200+ employee company. I'm the only Visa holder, all are citizens.

Visa Interview:

1. I attended my H1B Visa interview in Kolkata on 26th Nov.
    Just a few regular questions, VO said that my visa is approved and will get my passport in few days. He kept my passport and I did NOT get any 221g clause.
    2. Got a call from US embassy on 4th December asking me to attend the interview again on 8th Dec, as the VO requested for it. She told me that no documents are required and just that the VO wants to see me again.

I joined as a FTE and have all documents with me. I ran through my H1B packet and everything looked good.

What probable reason would they call me for a re-interview? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ceac: Administrative Processing
    ustraveldocs: Your passport is still with the embassy.

Thanks Friends!
    Perhaps she would have forgot to ask some queries which she has to enter in her system.If your documents are correct then nothing to worry..

Comment

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
      Perhaps she would have forgot to ask some queries which she has to enter in her system.If your documents are correct then nothing to worry..
      I really hope what you said is true

Comment

Final update

It turned out that they had a system glitch and wanted me to come back to give my finger prints again. Got my Visa. Received the stamped passport in 3 days. Glad!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X