Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Dependant Travel with old h1 stamp

Hi ,

I was with Employer A, and my visa stamp, and my son's visa stamp ( h4) are with the name of the employer A.

Now I have changed to Employer B. Employer B has transferred my H1, and i have receive both my new 797, and my son's H4 extension under the new employer name.

1. My son will have to travel in January ( accompanied by my wife - her own h1). Can he go to India, and come back into the states with the Old H1 visa stamp with employer A and the new extension from employer B? Or does he have to go and get his visa stamped for sure again ?

2. If he had to go and get his visa stamped again, can he be accompanied by another person ( my wife who is on her own individual h1). I being the principal applicant will not be in India, can he go alone and get his H4 stanmped?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Originally posted by svnind View Post
    Hi ,

I was with Employer A, and my visa stamp, and my son's visa stamp ( h4) are with the name of the employer A.

Now I have changed to Employer B. Employer B has transferred my H1, and i have receive both my new 797, and my son's H4 extension under the new employer name.

1. My son will have to travel in January ( accompanied by my wife - her own h1). Can he go to India, and come back into the states with the Old H1 visa stamp with employer A and the new extension from employer B? Or does he have to go and get his visa stamped for sure again ?

2. If he had to go and get his visa stamped again, can he be accompanied by another person ( my wife who is on her own individual h1). I being the principal applicant will not be in India, can he go alone and get his H4 stanmped?

Please advise.

Thank you.
    How old is your son? If he is less than 14 Years of age you can use drop box facility.

1. Yes he can as long as the visa stamp is valid.
    2. As said, technically he need not go for stamping. No your wife cannot accompany him for his visa stamping as she already has a valid visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X