Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b visa validity

Hi,

My H1B visa is valid from Nov 14 till Mar 16. h1b petition is approved in 2013 and is valid from Oct 2013 to Mar 16. Pl let me know if a new petition need to be filed in 2016 for extension. Also, how is h1b visa '6 years' validity counted, is it from the date i enter US or from the date h1b petition is approved? Will I be eligible for stay in US till 2020 if I am travelling in 2015?Pl advise.

Thanks

h1b visa validity

Calculates from entered date

Comment

Originally posted by syd_blr View Post
      Hi,

My H1B visa is valid from Nov 14 till Mar 16. h1b petition is approved in 2013 and is valid from Oct 2013 to Mar 16. Pl let me know if a new petition need to be filed in 2016 for extension. Also, how is h1b visa '6 years' validity counted, is it from the date i enter US or from the date h1b petition is approved? Will I be eligible for stay in US till 2020 if I am travelling in 2015?Pl advise.

Thanks
      A point wise questions list would have been easier to answer:

1. You would need a petition extension in order to stay/work beyond Mar 2016.
      2. You would need a new visa stamp post Mar 2016 in order to travel into US.
      3. H1B visa 6 Years is calculated by the amount of time you spend in US.

There are so many permutation and combination to consider too, the I-94 you get upon every entry to US, your passport expiry, the dates and duration for which you travel outside US during next few years, job changes if any etc. So would advise you take it one step at a time and keep revisiting the forum as and when situation change.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X