Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for H1B - April 2015

Hello..
    I am currently on L2 EAD (Valid from October 2014 - March 2016) working as a consultant (hourly) via a consulting firm (A) at the Client place. I am planning to apply for H1 next year in April for the first time. Had tried applying for H1 thru the same consulting firm last year, and although they did not demand any money for filing H1, they insisted I go thru their subsidiary (another consulting firm) and my compensation would be changed from hourly to annual salary (and whatever they quoted was way lesser than what I get hourly). So it did not materialize and I thought I will postpone it and apply this year.

My question is, as I am still involved with the same consulting firm, is it possible for me to get in touch with another consulting firm (B) and get my H1B applied thru them? Just want to understand how it works. Do I pay them for applying H1 and be done with it? Meaning things will continue to work the same way they are now? That is, me getting paid directly thru my present consulting firm? Or does getting H1 mean I become an employee of B, and I will get paid only after A pays B? If B does not demand any money for applying H1, would I be paying them a portion from each paycheck? How can I negotiate to get a salary or compensation at par with what I am getting now?

Is an attorney required when filing for H1 thru a consultancy?

Once approved do I have to renew H1 each year?

I know this question has been asked time and time again...but still, are there a list of H1B Sponsors that are truly reliable? It'd be great if someone could provide a list where they have had first hand experiences.

Just confused. Please help me out. Thank you

Regards
    Abhi

Hello Shervin and Senior members,
    Hope everyone is doing well. Would somebody kindly guide me on this situation please. Thank you.

Regards,
    Abhi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X