Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer Question

Hi
    I am switching from one employer to another and my H1 transfer is current in process..

Question is: Once my new H1 petition gets approved , I will be having a gap of 1 week before I join the new employer and engagement with current employer would have already ended by that time. Example is

By December 27th my old employer engagement is done and My new employer H1 petition is approved. But my joining date with new employer is January 5th.

Is the gap between December 27th to January 5th would be of any problem? Can I stay of out either employers during this transition period?

Please advise

H1 Transfer Question

Appreciate if anyone has any insight on this. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by devspace View Post
      Hi
      I am switching from one employer to another and my H1 transfer is current in process..

Question is: Once my new H1 petition gets approved , I will be having a gap of 1 week before I join the new employer and engagement with current employer would have already ended by that time. Example is

By December 27th my old employer engagement is done and My new employer H1 petition is approved. But my joining date with new employer is January 5th.

Is the gap between December 27th to January 5th would be of any problem? Can I stay of out either employers during this transition period?

Please advise
      Yes. It is going to be a problem. You will be out of status during those days and will have to mention this in every future visa application.
      Best to take a vacation out in Mexico or some place else during that period.
      This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X